Monday, August 25, 2008

What to expect from me and my blogging

I thought a good way to start this blog is to warn everyone about me and my writing.

To start, I am surprisingly uncensored. Not in the "every other word is a profanity" way (anyone who knows me knows I am not much of a potty mouth), but in the only slightly more classy "I am an open book and you're gonna hear it all" kind of way. Its my way in every facet of my life; I speak that way and write that way because I believe in the honest, open, whole truth. I think more people in life should be that way. Enough with the half-truths, lies, and BS - just be who you are, whomever you may be, and don't make apologies. People are either going to love what I say or hate it, and yeah sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth, but I guess that's life. Alas, I too am only human.

So with that said, here is my disclaimer of sorts:
-- I am a mom of 3 kids, ages 6 1/2, 4, and 1 month. I am an avid and sometimes overzealous and overbearing breastfeeder. You will probably hear more than your fair share about boobs - both generally speaking, and yeah, my own twins. Its not a graphic, sexual, or promiscuous (or however you spell that darn word!) fetish thing, its just an "I have done this long enough and am proud of it so therefore can more than comfortably discuss it" kind of thing. So yeah, if you can't handle some booby talk now and again, then you probably won't like my blogs. I have also changed so many diapers in my life (even before kids I did my fair share) that you will probably hear about poop from time to time in full detail. And I'll admit, when it comes to parenting, I can come off as a know-it-all. I don't try to, I just kinda do I guess.
-- I am also a wife of 8 years. While I love my husband dearly, the man can drive me insane. But I am by no means a husband basher, nor a mother-in-law basher. I am maturely past that phase. So don't expect a whole lotta drama on the home front to be posted here. I have my share of drama, don't get me wrong, but I am usually the catalyst, so of for no other good reason, why openly embarrass myself?

....Okay, its 2:40 AM. (I'm not insane. I'm up with a restless baby.) I am falling asleep at the computer, so this is to be continued....

No comments: