Thursday, November 20, 2008

So much to blog, so little time

Rather than going into a bunch of lengthy blogs, I am going to try and lump a bunch together in the name of getting caught up. Sorry for the ADHD format of sorts of this one, but here goes.

Plumbing -- I have decided not only do I hate the heating and cleanliness aspects of an old house, but old plumbing is ridiculous. Truly, the old pipes in this house have made me resort to buying jugs of water at the store, something that on principle alone, I swore I would never do. I mean, PAY for water? But I was spoiled once. I lived in Gresham and got Mt. Hood run-off water out of the tap. It was heavenly. Seaside water is....not. Its always tasted gross, but at least tolerably gross. Out of old pipes, it tastes like pond scum water. Not yummy. Oh, and let's not even go there with the number of times the toilets have to be plunged on a weekly basis. And I DO NOT plunge! Poor Jeremy.

Husbands -- He closed out a previous blog of mine about the manners of rich kids (and I actually said they have good manners, or at least the majority I know), thinking it was saved. It wasn't, and I lost it. I love the man with all my heart, but that kinda irked me, even though it was unintentional. It was a good blog too, but I just don't have the time to rewrite it anytime soon.

Good people -- Okay, this is going to reveal my true nerdy nature, but a lot of my friends I have met online, and most live in other states. A number of them I know through online parenting groups. So anyway, I posted in one group about the challenges we've been having lately with the economic pinch, and 2 days later, came home to 2 packages full of baby clothes on my porch. I am just touched by the geerousity and concern of people I have never met in person. They saw my need and they went above and beyond to meet it. I had a bad experience with a few people a year and a half ago, with getting to know them in person and them stabbing me in the back, so I have remained guarded since then. Their gestures have not only helped our family out in small ways, but also healed a hurt part of me, and renewed my faith in good people in general.

Credit Cards -- Are the devil. 'Nuf said.

Nightmares -- I had a nightmare last night about my sister relapsing again. I think its because she is in Eureka again for the first time since she kicked heroin, and it had been strongly advised that she stay away from there for a long time, if not forever. She had some legal stuff to tie up there, and didn't want to be in contempt of court and have a warrant out for her (who would??), so she had no choice but to go "home." Needless to say, I have been praying and calling her daily to make sure nothing has happened. In my rationale, I know she is doing amazing and is determined never to use again. But deep down, this subconscious, probably primal fear keeps popping up in my dreams that she is going to relapse again. I have heard that recurring nightmares have to do with working out trauma. I have been fortunate not to have suffered much trauma in my life, but perhaps my subconscious sees everything I've been through with Cat as trauma. Its funny how conscious and subconscious don't always see eye to eye. I do have some trust issues still to work out with my sister, but overall our relationship is as solid to be expected right now. So why the nightmares, I have no idea. I just wish they'd quit already!

Blog about my sister -- I'm going to do it, so keep a look out for it, if you're interested in the read. I marinate on aspects of it about every day, so there will be lots to soak in.

Busyness in General -- Skye is now 4 months old. She's very social, smiling all the time at everyone. She's just a joy, and as much as I stressed over having a 3rd during my pregnancy with her, I can't imagine my life or our family without her. I am in awe of her everyday. Joy is rocking tumbling! She has almost mastered a cartwheel and can do a walk-over with help. She loves it! Seth is coming up on his 7th birthday in a week, and is super excited about his party. We're going to pizza and an arcade and turning 4 seven year old boys loose in there. Should be interesting. I am just glad the moms of the other kids said they would stick around if we needed extra hands (which I would imagine we will). Since the move out-of-district, we are driving Seth to and from school now, which just breaks up my day all the time, especially coupled with Joy's preschool. Some days I feel like I am barely home because I will be here for like and hour at a time, then off and running again. Oh, and add into the mix that Seth will be starting guitar lessons soon. (Shhh...don't tell him! Its my parents' birthday present to him.) So its never-ending around here. People comment all the time that I have my hands full with the 3 kids, and I always respond with, "Yeah, but its a fun busy." It is a fun busy....but busy nonetheless. Honestly, I think juggling 3 kids is the easy part. Its juggling everything that comes with kids that is the challenge; the lessons, school pick-ups and drop-offs, diaper changes, laundry, dishes, meals.... You get the point.

Furthering my point, its not 6:30 and I haven't even started dinner yet. Off I go again.

2 comments:

Niki said...

I have half a garage FULL of baby girl clothes. If you ever want to paruse through them, you are more than welcome!!

Beth said...

Having 3 kids of my own, I know exactly what the "fun busy" is you are talking about! :)