Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No wonder you gain weight at the holidays!

In the past 2 weeks, in addition to just our normal breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner cooking, I have made....

10 1/2 dozen Christmas Cookies
3 batches of homemade cranberry sauce
3 loaves of fresh French bread
3 boxes of stuffing
2 gallons of apple cider
2 batches of Green Beans Almondine
1 platter-full of Baby BLT's (stuffed tomatoes)
1 large bowl of spinach dip
2 dozen biscuits
1 Insalata Caprese
and helped Jeremy with a 2-layer Red Velvet Cake
(.....and a partidge in a pear tree!)

No wonder I can't shed the last of these pesky post-pregnancy pounds!!

4 comments:

Beth said...

...and you thought you werent one of the "Jones" moms!!! Dang girl! You are super mom!!

Megan said...

I don't know about that... You should see me while doing all these things! Its mass chaos at my house; the baby is screaming, the big kids want this and that, and I am trying to get these things done at the last minute before running out the door. Its madness, really.

But thanks for saying it, Beth. It makes me feel good. :)

m2mommy said...

We need to get together and cook! It all sounds delicious!

Sara said...

go Meg! :)