Monday, August 29, 2011

Back in the blogosphere

Hello again, blogosphere! :)



Cliffnotes version:
I still do exist.

Slightly longer, but still not very in-depth version:
The long and the short is, I needed a "mental health break," so I took it. I left town to clear my head, and remove myself from a lot of stressful people and situations, and I chose not to blog during that period of time. I know it seems crazy that I took a blogging break just when this blog of mine was finally beginning to build some momentum, but you know, taking care of my personal life will always be a lot more important to me than maintaining my blog. Sure, it would've made for some good blogs - I write my best when my head's a mess - but I really felt the smartest thing to do was spend my time working through things in practical ways, in private, and not airing them on the web. Yes, I pride myself on being pretty open, honest, and unfiltered (but still classy) about what I write, and I love sharing things that most people won't talk openly about, but even a blogger is entitled to a private life.

Am I going to divulge why I needed the break, what was going on in my life, or my thoughts and feelings about it? Maybe in time, but certainly not anytime soon. I will tell you though, I've had a month's worth of different blog post topics brewing in the recesses of my mind, so I will probably have an influx of them over the next few weeks or so. Or not. We'll see.

Anyway, I just wanted to update and let all my adoring fans (all, like, 20 of you...if that...) that I am in fact still around, and I will be getting back into the swing of blogging here soon.